This is a quick guide to installing lxadmin/kloxo SSE (Single Server Edition) on CentOS 5.x 32-bit.
Please note: the installation of lxadmin/kloxo needs to be done on a clean, base CentOS installation – the lxadmin/kloxo installation script will install it’s own packages and therefore it’s best to have a clear configuration so all of the initially installed packages have lxadmin’s exclusive configuration.
Recommended OS: CentOS 5.x 32-bit. Please note that CentOS 5.x 64-bit is not currently supported by lxadmin/kloxo. While there are work-arounds to install it on 64-bit I won’t recommend it. A 64-bit version is currently being developed.
1. Connect to your server via SSH.
2. [Optional] Open up a new screen session by using screen:
3. Download the Kloxo install script and initiate the installation process:
# wget http://download.lxcenter.org/download/kloxo/production/kloxo-install-master.sh
# sh kloxo-install-master.sh
Allow some time for the lxadmin installation to complete.
4. Once the installation is complete, you should now be able to access Kloxo via HTTPS. Open up your favourite browser and connect to your newly installed lxadmin control panel: https://YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS:7777/
The default username & password for your first login is: admin / admin
5. The first prompt will be to set a password, it is best to complete this as soon as possible for obvious security reasons.
That conlcudes the basic installation of lxadmin/kloxo. It is now best to start looking around the control panel and familiarizing yourself with it. Coming soon: how to cluster Kloxo across a Master/Slave setup.
Important Note: the original developer of Kloxo, KT Ligesh has passed away. There was some concern regarding the future of Kloxo, however, a consortium (www.lxcenter.org) stood up to continue development on Kloxo (and HyperVM). R.I.P KT Ligesh!